Usually I am very good at remembering important dates like birthdays, anniversaries, and special holidays. I think it's a great way to remind people they are loved and remembered. However, at about 10 PM Sunday night as I was laying my head on the pillow, I said to Steven, "I think today was Grandparent's Day". And it was. And we had not spoken to a single solitary grandparent all day. This is my apology post to Elle and Grady's five wonderful grandparents: Mae, Poppey, GiGi, Grammy and Gran Gran. We really are blessed to have some of the most loving, giving and caring grandparents. Even though they all live from 1 1/2 hours to 6 hours away, they all make trips to visit several times a year. And they always bring gifts, which certainly helps the parents' pocketbooks. We just got a new playground for the backyard with birthday money from grandparents. The kids LOVE it! Sorry I missed your big day. Know you are loved and so appreciated!
This is his usual pose lately.
5 comments:
That's the same climber Brooks has! He loves it! Tonight he was out in the sprinkler (naked as usual) and wanted to go down the slide. Andrew sprayed down the slide to see how fast he could go. The child flew airborne about an extra 5 or 6 feet! Luckily he landed on his bottom. He didn't know whether to laugh or cry! I don't think Andrew will be doing that again :)
Kudos to you for winning a free shirt from Darby!
love that last pic of grady!
congrats on winning the shirt from darby-maybe we should get lotto tickets with all the luck we've been having getting free stuff!!! hahahaha. left you a shout out comment on darby's post about the shirts with you as the winner! YEAH!
Um... I must be a horrible parent...!!! I don't even know about "Grandparents' Day"! When did this come into existence? Do people really celebrate it? Good grief!
When you have grandchildren as sweet as these it's so easy to be "loving, caring and giving" - You and Steven always make us feel loved and appreciated so EVERY day is grandparents day - and no apology is necessary!
XOXOXOXO
mae
your children are so dang cute! i am so glad that i was able to get involved in the blog world. it is so nice to hear from friends i had growing up!
Post a Comment