Friday, October 17, 2008

Pumpkin Patch






Last Sunday we rode the train to the pumpkin patch. I was a little upset when I realized that pumpkins cost extra, so I made sure we found a HUGE pumpkin. Elle, not being hindered by price, chose a pumpkin that was just her size (too small to cost $6?!). I did my best to put aside the tight wad in me and everybody had a great time. Elle and Maddie got their faces painted. They rode the hay ride along with Mae (my mom). Elle jumped in one of those bouncy things where the kids basically kill each other but have a blast doing it. And Steven chased Grady around the field for 45 minutes.





I finished my last day of class yesterday and received my beautiful certificate of completion. I have put in one application and am hoping to put in a few more soon. I cut my last day short because Elle was running fever. Thankfully, it's back to normal today. I have to say a big thank you to all the family and friends that helped keep the kids so that I could do this course. We appreciate each of you so much!

**I just tried for 30 minutes to do a slide show and couldn't get it to work right. I'm a little frustrated that I wasted 30 minutes doing this?!

6 comments:

becky said...

and i learned this year that the pumpkin patch is no place to go with more than one by yourself. i'm glad you got your class finished. now go renew that license and use it. i admit, i totally miss it somedays. hopefully after AC is a year old, i'll get to do some PRN again. what was the name of your class? we have a UAB campus up here affiliated with HSV hosp. might be a good thing for me to do.

Tara said...

Congrats on completing the course!
I love the pumpkin patch. Hopefully we'll get to go in the next few days. I love the pictures! Madison has grown so much! Is she in middle school already?!

Kellie said...

I love me some fall time! congrats on finishing your course - which pumpkin patch did you go to?

Unknown said...

LP, just catchin up on my bloggin. So fun to see your Mom and Madd. wow she is growing up. Elle is beautiful, Grady is quite the stud like his daddy. Love you guys hopin to see yall 10/25. Tommy T

Kristin said...

Yay for finishing the course!! I know you're glad to be finished.

All of the pumpkin pictures are cute. I can never get over how "grown" Madison looks when I see recent pictures of her.

Love you all. We've got fever over here, too...

April Brown said...

The pumpkin patch looks like so much fun...too bad we'll have to "save-up" for the hayride!!! Who knew going to the pumpkin patch would cost so much...argh! Anyway, looks like you all had a great time!! And, congrats on finishing the course...now I'm sure you and your patients will feel more confident :)