Thursday, December 2, 2010

Now or Never

Last Tuesday, after a successful morning of oral surgery and a small bout with nausea and vomiting in the afternoon, we set off for a beautiful and fun-filled Thanksgiving at Lake Martin.



As the family trickled in Tuesday evening, we enjoyed the views and made ourselves at home.



It was a late night Tuesday, and some of us were a little rough around the edges Wednesday morning.




Nothing a little breakfast, hot water and soap and promise of fresh air couldn't fix. And though the drive-way almost got the best of us, we persevered.









It's taken me a week to get this far, so I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...















We thoroughly enjoyed being with our family though several members were dearly missed (Mark, AK, Powell & Jessica!). I'm hoping the group only gets bigger in the years to come. I reminded several of my cousins that I was married by the time I was their ages. Don't worry aunts and uncles, I also threw in that I was finished with school before I got married:).




2 comments:

Steven Salter said...

Who in the world would drop a pie that everyone wanted? (Especially at a Thanksgiving dinner?)

Anonymous said...

that last picture is priceless. what a fun time!! I'm totally jealous.