Today we made butter. We are learning about the letter C, cows, and that God's word helps us grow spiritually like milk helps us grow physically. We didn't stop with plain old butter though. We whipped up some great tasting Cinnamon Honey Butter with some honey my in-laws gave us for Christmas from the actual Whistle Stop Cafe.
My lesson plan said to put the cream in a jar and shake it for 20 minutes. The fun thing about being the teacher is that I have the freedom to go with the other book's plan that said you could use an electric mixer.
The verdict: "Yummy."
3 comments:
Hey Linds!
We will be in D-town this weekend. Let me know and maybe we can get together and PLAY!!!
Hey Lindsey, I didn't know you homeschooled your kids. I was actually homeschooled in 5th grade. I loved it. What was the reasoning behind your decision? What program do you use? I'm very interested.
That looks like fun! And Elle looks just like Stephen in that pic! Funny after our conversation last weekend. Can't wait to get back to Dothan to hang out again!
Post a Comment