Wednesday, February 2, 2011

February Goals

I thought I'd do an experiment where I tried to write everyday for the month of February. So far, I've missed one day and it's the second. Goal unrealistic. New goal is to write every other day. Goal possibly attainable. My other February goal is to routinely study the Bible every morning. I have not done this, routinely, since Elle was born. I am looking forward to the benefits of this routine. I have homeschool to thank for reminding me of the need for this as we learned last week that "God's word helps me grow."

Everybody is finally feeling better after my new favorite pediatrician prescribed an antibiotic for all 3 kids on Monday. I took Elle in for what I thought was a sinus infection. I am definitley not an antibiotic-seeker by any means, but if they are still sick after 10 days with no sign of improvement, it's more than a cold. And they need a little something to help them get well. Elle is significantly better {it was a sinus infection}, and the boys are too.

I got gas 3 weeks ago and have gone 200 miles. Things in Dothan are more condensed than Birmingham. Or maybe it was because I lived in Calera and usually drove at least 14 miles one way to get to anything. Now I drive on average 1.5 miles to get anywhere.

Grady keeps telling me I'm making him angry. This is usually after I've asked him to do something, or clean up, or am reminding him of some expected behavior that is not being exhibited. I just keep telling him I'm sorry and maybe he should think about all the things I do that make him happy.

4 comments:

Amy said...

good luck with your goals. We had hoped Feb. would be a month of goals for us as well. But last week put a kink in that. But I am thankful for some kinks - this being one. I look forward to your post.

aedozier said...

Love your comeback for Grady! I need to use that one. I too have a goal of teaching myself and MM Bible verses this month about God's Love, with it being the month of love. I cut out red hearts and wrote verses on them and cut out pink hearts let her color and decorate them and made a vertical chain down our pantry door. Since I have to open that pantry door a million times a day, I thought it was a good spot. Just trying to think of a time other than bath time to talk about them. I think that is when I have her most captive. Good luck with your goals!

Katie said...

We went(sometimes still go!) through that phase with our little man. Must be a boy thing because Molly never said things like that. Price used those exact same words and I used to tell him that it was the first of many times we would make each other angry over the years....precious thoughts right? But he's quick to forgive and when I look at that face, so am I.
I guess since you're in Dothan now I won't be running into you at McWane! You might run into Heather sometimes though since those are her stomping grounds. She's got little feet stomping around with her now and another set on the way!

Abby Maddox said...

This post was wonderful to me for lots of reasons, but my favorite part was when I read "I got gas 3 weeks ago" and laughed out loud when I realized you meant gas for your car and not the kind that hurts your stomach (like I thought you meant :))