We took a little impromptu trip to Troy last night. Steven had some work-related business there and the rest of us tagged along. I called my aunt and uncle who live there to see if we could come by and visit them after Steven was finished working. They did better than just "visit" and got us tickets to join them at the Troy baseball game! I was interested to see how the kids would react since the only game Elle's ever been to was a junior college game of my cousin's in Montevallo a couple years ago, when Grady was a baby. We sat right behind home plate, so they were fairly enthralled with all the sights and sounds at first. And then my uncle taught them how to spit sunflower seeds and they were golden.
Elle brought some home with her and practised this morning until they ran out. The funny thing is, she cracks the shell, eats the seed, then puts the shell in her mouth just to spit it out. Chris, you would be so proud.
It was fun to be in Troy again. That's where Steven and I both went to college, where we met, and where we spent our newlywed years. It's also where we both became believers. It has changed a lot and I felt pretty old, but it's still a very cool place. I wouldn't be sad at all if any of our three children decide to go there.
No comments:
Post a Comment