Monday, August 1, 2011

I love the Gulf Coast

We just returned from a wonderful week at the beach. A big fat thanks to my mom for letting us share her vacation week! We loved it. Steven popped in every now and then and spent a lot of the time he was there working, but we were glad he was "with" us for some of the week. My brother and nephew came to spend a night with us and my two aunts and two cousins spent one day too. There were two full days of rain that we filled with movies {Winnie-the-Pooh}, games, food, and books. I also managed to get in my first call to Poison Control. Reese, instead of laying down and napping, decided to snack on a bottle of kids' tums. He did not complain of a stomach ache for the rest of the trip:). Seriously, he didn't ingest very many and all was well. But that little stinker will get in to anything and everything. He was bunking in our room and there was a limited amount of shelving over four feet tall. Over the week, he managed to: empty out the container of wipes, go through my toiletry bag, sort through all the medicines {where fortunately, he could only open the tums}, play with the shower squeegee. I would always hear his feet hit the floor when he was getting up to roam, so the antics didn't last long.








Now we are getting ready for a yard sale this weekend. I can only hope it will be 100 degrees and the mosquitoes will be hungry:). My sister came back from the beach with us so I have some extra help with the kids or sorting through all the bins and boxes and stuff under my carport. We plan to have a little fun somewhere in there too!

5 comments:

Darby said...

You're having a yard sale? You are so gracious in not telling them what I did to you. And Madison looks like you with brown hair in the picture with her glasses on! :) Love all these fun pictures and I love the Gulf Coast too... and I hope the mosquitoes aren't hungry at all!

Matt, Carrie, Lucy and Molly Allen said...

it is not fair that your last 2 post have been about the beach!! i have been really wanting to go lately :( oh well! miss ya'll...hope the yard sale is successful and you don't melt in the heat.

Matt, Carrie, Lucy and Molly Allen said...

in response to your comment on my blog...i say, yes please!!

Domini Jones said...

Great pictures! Glad you had a good time!

Nola said...

Love the pictures! We went to the beach in July also and had family beach pictures made where y'all stayed! It was beautiful! I would have loved to stay there.

Anyway, I haven't blogged in a year, but I do check your blog from time to time. The kids are beautiful and big! We should get together sometime since we're not that far apart.