Monday, November 7, 2011

It's Potty Time


I just needed to put in the record that Reese used the potty tonight! We've been talking about it for awhile, reading potty books, and sitting on it occasionally before bath time or right before bed. I had taken his diaper off and we were cleaning up the aftermath of the day's activities before getting in to pajamas. I said, "Reese, if you need to pee-pee, go put it in the potty. Do NOT put it on the floor. It goes in the potty."

A few minutes passed and I went in the bathroom to toss dirty clothes in to the laundry basket, and there it was. Pee pee in the tiny green baby bjorn potty. I'm not sure who was more excited, me or the two big kids! We all yelled and high fived and hugged our big boy. And then he got some chocolate chips.

I remember Grady first using the potty a couple of times and then nothing for a few months before it really clicked. So this might not be the beginning of the end of diapers. And I'm okay with that. But I am very excited that Reesie made this first big step!

We had a fun and full weekend with special friends celebrating special birthdays. None of which I captured with my camera. Elle and Steven continued the celebrating yesterday afternoon with a little horseback riding. Thankfully, Abby was there to get some beautiful pictures of their fun.

No comments: