I have made one Christmas present purchase so far. I bought this little boy a backpack of his very own. He and Grady rotate days with this backpack with Grady taking it to school on Tuesdays and Thursdays while Reese takes it to church on Sundays and CBS on Wednesdays. And most other times, Reese walks around the house with it on. I think he's going to be happy with his very own back pack with his name on it!
I hesitate to say it, but I think Reese is day-time potty trained! I asked Elle to make a chart for him since we were learning about graphs and charts for math this past week. We like to integrate learning in to all aspects of life here at the Salter Academy:). Monday, we didn't chart, but he was successful multiple times. He had two accidents which both involved pooping in his pants or directly on the rug. He went 17 times Tuesday with no accidents. Because he didn't poop. Wednesday was even better. I put a pull-up on him before going to bible study (because I don't expect his teachers to be able to get him to the bathroom when there's at least 10 other 2 year olds in the room!). But before we left, he went on his own, getting his pull-up down and everything. He also progressed from pooping on a random floor or in his pants to pooping on the bathroom floor in front of the potty. Twice. He's getting the idea just having trouble with the timing. Thirteen stickers for Wednesday. Twelve stickers Thursday. No accidents. Ten stickers Friday with poop on the bathroom floor. The other thing we are working on is waiting until he gets in the bathroom to pull his pants down. Right now, he pulls them down immediately and flashes everybody while he makes his way to the bathroom. But all in all, he's doing great and we are down to diapers just at naptime and overnight...
This was from the week before Thanksgiving but needs to be documented. At CBS, the kids made "thankful place mats". When I picked Reese up from his class, his teacher told me he was thankful for ice cream.
This was from the week before Thanksgiving but needs to be documented. At CBS, the kids made "thankful place mats". When I picked Reese up from his class, his teacher told me he was thankful for ice cream.
What she failed to mention, is that he is also thankful for girls in bikinis.
5 comments:
the girls in bikinis made me laugh out loud. i'm just saying :)
I was laughing so hard about the pooping because we are sooo there right now. AK has decided she is ready to wear big girl underwear, goes pee-pee fine all day in the potty, but for the love of God will not go poop in the potty. So I had a nice clean up at the playground yesterday in the car. :) Tell me if you know of a trick for stubborn souls, because I am out of 'em.
Yay, Reese!! You may be diaper free in your household very soon!!!
i am with Shana - laughed out loud!!
yes, laughed out loud at the girls in bikinis too! and molly is the same...peeing just fine all day on the potty, just having issues with the poop! ugh!!
all of your kids are GORGEOUS!
Post a Comment