I always want to put things on here. This is my main scrapbook for our family. But then I don't get around to it. Time passes and I think I can't write now, I have so much to say. I think about the time it would take to "catch up" and I get overwhelmed. But I want at least a few memories down because I know I won't remember them. It's already hard for me to remember details of when the kids were babies. I go back and read on here and I can experience it all over again...
Our school year ended on May 18th and Elle completed 1st grade. It was such a fun year and I think she grew leaps and bounds. She was accepted in to Montana Magnet School for 2nd grade and will be starting there in August. I was actually sad the Saturday we got her acceptance letter in the mail. Deep down, a part of me wished she wouldn't have gotten accepted and then I would have to homeschool her again. By Sunday, the Lord was gently reminding me that we had asked Him and He had led to Montana. I know I'll have another time of sadness when she begins, but because I feel confident this is what God wants for her (and us!), I have peace. And she is thrilled! Uniforms, here we come!
I will be homeschooling Grady for Kindergarten. I'm already getting excited about going through the year with Grady and teaching him to read. Kindergarten was such a fun year with Elle and I'm thankful to have the chance to do it with Grady. Reese will be going to a 3 year old preschool class two days a week, which means I'll have two days with just me and Grady! I'm looking forward to that special time with him.
I posted that last link to the shutterfly book, mainly for my mom. I put that book together as a thank you to her for our Memorial Day/Birthday week at Tybee Island. The kids and I drove over there the Sunday before Memorial Day and stayed until that Friday. She rented a place near the beach for the week. We pulled in Sunday right before a tropical storm hit! Thankfully, it wasn't too bad and most of it happened through the night. The winds were incredible.
Elle turned 7 on May 30th and my sister turned 16. While Madison had to go to school, the rest of us enjoyed the beach and swam in the pool. We had birthday dinner at the Crab Shack that night. I think Elle had a fun day. We just missed Steven being with us...
We also got to visit the Tybee Lighthouse and climb the 178 stairs to the top! The kids were so great and never complained once. I was a bit paranoid when we got to the top. They have a railing but I just knew my kids would find some way to get through it and plummet to the ground?! The Confederate soldiers actually burned the lighthouse because the Union was coming and they didn't want them to have it. It was rebuilt in 1867 after the Civil War.
Another fun place we got to see was Fort Pulaski. I have been several times, but I think the older you get, the more you actually want to learn about what it is you are seeing and experiencing. And I want to seem smart for my kids:). They played on cannons and climbed in gun powder store houses and watched a guy load and shoot a replica of a musket. I had no idea the soldiers used their teeth to rip open the paper cartridge containing the gunpowder and lead ball?!
It had been almost 2 years since we visited Mom and Maddie in Savannah! We had such a fun time! We got home and had a couple of days to recuperate before Vacation Bible School began at our church. More on that next post!
Happy Birthday Elle! We love you and are so thankful for you and your life, that you are in our family and for the gift you are to us. We love seeing the Lord work in your heart and mind. We love seeing you read and enjoy books. We love seeing you play outside and run and jump and ride your scooter and do cartwheels and handstands non-stop. We love to see your imagination and creativity with the endless games and stories you make up with Grady. You are a precious, precious gift. We pray you have a long life here, loving God with all your heart and loving people.


2 comments:
Happy Birthday sweet Elle!!!
We miss y'all!!!
I can't believe Elle is 7!!! I remember her waddling around in her diaper in y'all's yard!! How time flies!! Looks like you had a blast visiting your mom! Miss you guys and our driveway parties!!!
Post a Comment