Sunday, February 1, 2015

An Unforgetable Weekend

We had the best time in Atlanta this past weekend. For Christmas this past year, Mom got the kids (& their parents:) tickets to see Wild Kratts Live in Atlanta. Two brothers, Chris and Martin Kratt, have a TV show on PBS called Wild Kratts. My kids have enjoyed watching the show over the past few years. We planned to arrive late Friday night, visit the Fernbank Museum on Saturday, see the live show Saturday night, and finish with a Sunday trip to IKEA before heading home.

We got off a little later than we anticipated Friday night {we've started renovating the boys bathroom--another post in itself?!}, so it was close to 10:00 when we finally got to the hotel. Mom was already there and checked into our room. We breezed in and went straight to the elevator. Our family of five was in the elevator and another man got on with us. We start going up and Steven says:

"Do y'all not know who this is?"

We stare blankly for a few seconds before we realize we are IN THE ELEVATOR WITH CHRIS KRATT!!!! After totally losing our cool and telling him he was the reason we were in Atlanta, Grady immediately asks him a question about why deer come to the sides of roads at night. He was so nice and gracious and sounded exactly like he does on TV. We got off on the same floor and started walking away and I said, "Steven, we've got to ask for a picture!" Don't think I didn't watch to see what room he went in, because I did:).


The show Saturday night: it was hilariously entertaining


We even saw him down at breakfast Sunday morning. He and his son, who is around 5 I think, sat at the table next to us. We told him how much we enjoyed the show and chatted with him a bit. The kids played around the atrium with his son. It was so cool and so neat that we got to meet him. I'm an even bigger Wild Kratts fan now!

Saturday morning at the Fernbank Museum





1 comment:

Donna said...

We LOVE Wild Kratts! I cannot believe you met Chris! I didn't even know they did live shows- that is just an awesome story altogether. Also- I'd never heard of that museum- now it's on the list!