The kids and I were out of school for Good Friday so I let Elle have a friend spend the night Thursday night. This is only the second time she has had spend the night company. I'm not a huge fan of spend the night company, but I also want our house to be the house where kids {specifically my kids!} want to hang, so I guess I should be a little more open to having other kids around.... And it went great and they had a great time. I made spaghetti for dinner {her friend's favorite--score #1!}. When the boys went to bed, I let them watch a movie on the computer in bed {very cool to them--score #2!}. They fell asleep about 9:45 {score #3 for me!} and didn't emerge until about 7:30 the next morning. I made chocolate chip pancakes and sausage for breakfast {always a score!}. Later on in the morning, we used peeps and made play dough. A very sticky, but exciting and interesting adventure {I'm up to about 5 points now!}. Overall, a great time for everybody!
I can't remember now what we did on Saturday but it probably involved playing outside, getting the gardens ready, yard work, etc. I had no candy or Easter Baskets for the kids Sunday morning. They have so much as it is! After a great morning at Sunday School {I played Easter Story Jeopardy with my 3rd and 4th graders--another score!} and worship, we came home and I made a traditional Easter lunch of popcorn shrimp, corn on the cob, and roasted brussel sprouts:). We all ate on the porch and enjoyed the beautiful weather.
We did boil about a dozen and a half eggs to dye. We used six of our own chicken eggs to experiment and see how they would turn out once dyed. I also never picked up an egg dying kit, but thanks to the 'ole world wide web, we made our own dye with vinegar and food coloring! We even tie-dyed a few by using some olive oil.
Then we hid the eggs for the kids about 267 times in the front and back yards:). OK, maybe not quite that many times, but it sure seemed like it. Whatever the case, they had a blast finding them and worked together and were content to find their designated amount of eggs. It was one of the most relaxing, enjoyable Easter weekends I can remember, popcorn shrimp and all!




No comments:
Post a Comment