Friday, April 11, 2008

Heart Healing



Please pray with me for my Grandma. She had a "mild" heart attack on Monday night and is in the hospital. She had a heart catherization done this morning and the doctors found 90% blockage in two vessels and 70% blockage in another. She needs to have triple bypass surgery as well as having a diseased heart valve replaced while they are in there. She is 84 years old and has lived independently (although never had a driver's license) and with minimal health problems for 16 years since my granddad passed away. This is a significant surgery and recovery especially for someone her age. I'm not sure exactly when she will have the operation, but I'm hoping to go down tomorrow and stay the week with Dad. Hopefully, the kids and I will be able to see her some before the surgery. I will try to update at least the date for the surgery. I do appreciate your prayers for my Grandma. Jesus says He takes out our hearts of stone and gives us hearts of flesh, thereby healing our hearts spiritually. Now we need His healing of her physical heart.

This is a picture of her teaching me a few years ago how to make the best dumplings in the whole world! Unfortunately, I'm not sure I remember the precise way. I need another teaching session, so pray with me that she'll be in the kitchen again in no time!

2 comments:

Matt, Carrie, Lucy and Molly Allen said...

sorry about your grandma. hopefully you will get some good time with her before the surgery!praying for her and for you! love, carrie

Kristin said...

we're praying. love you.