We have had a busy but fun couple of weeks. My mom was here for a week while my sister was at camp. And while I did accomplish a lot while the live-in babysitter was here, we also had a little bit of fun too. Mom treated Elle to some play time at Pump It Up and let me just say that it is worth a million times more than the $5 it cost to play. We'll be attending many more "free play" times soon! I took Elle to her first movie at the theater. They do summer kids flicks and have shows at 10 AM for just $3 including popcorn and a drink. The movie was one we had seen but I wanted her to have the experience (and I wanted to do it cheaply first in case she got antsy and wanted to leave early!).
I thought I would let her have Sprite for the occasion. And I must admit, I was kind of happy when she labeled it "yuck". I also finally finished an outfit for Elle. Now I am working on two more dresses plus a birthday outfit for Grady?!
Mom left on Thursday and on Friday, we headed to my sister and brother-in-law's place on the lake for the weekend. We did some kayaking and a little boat riding and a lot of eating. Elle is still not too keen on getting her face wet and since there were no steps for her to play on (only a dock), we didn't do much swimming. Grady took a little kayak ride but I think something about being choked by a life jacket took some of the enjoyment out of the ride. Oh well. We had fun being with family anyway. And the views of the lake from their house are breathtaking. It's a beautiful place to be. Thanks, Rhonda and Luke, for having us!
8 comments:
Hey Linds,
We've got one of those indoor inflatable deals too in Columbus called Monkey Joe's and you are right, it is worth $5 plus more! Brooks would love your helicopter shirt. We have to watch helicopters on You Tube every night right now for some reason.
I love the choking life jacket! Both of mine had that and we had to trade to a bigger one for Owen.
And we're having Owen's birthday party at Pump It Up because it is A#1. I'm even excited about it. I probably won't get to jump, though because I'll have to be the mom running the party, but oh well- I think they'll have a great time!
And you are crafty!! That is great! Adorable outfit!
cute outfit! do you know that my child is the only child to ever not like a bouncy house? i mean, come on...why doesn't he get that it is sooooo much better than jumping on the bed?
nice job on the outfit! it is really cute, i like that pattern. i've got the itch, just need the time and resources to work on some projects!
What an adorable outfit! Way to go!
Laura Beth would definitely know Grady's discomfort in the kayak... I've felt so sorry for her in the boat at the lake. Safety first! Even though it's got to feel worse than a neck-brace...
Love and miss you. Maybe next week we can get back into our routine.
P.S. If you don't come read my last post about a story from my childhood, I'm going to come punch you.
Loved the outfit - wish I had time to sew these days - wish i knew HOW to sew!!??? Looked like a fun weekend! Oh how I miss the lake!
Kellie
And just why aren't the adults wearing life jackets?
Post a Comment