Grady usually has his last bottle around 7 PM, goes to bed and sleeps until 6:30 or 7 in the morning. Last night we had to give him a bottle of formula at 11:30 and then a bottle of diluted juice at 4:30 AM since he couldn't eat or drink anything past 5 AM and so he wouldn't be dehydrated. He did great and went right back to sleep each time--although he had massively wet diapers and soaked pajama pants?! We headed to the outpatient clinic at 6:30 this morning. And we were home by 10:00. Grady did wonderfully and charmed all the nurses. He basically slept from the time they brought him back to me until lunch (they had given him Demerol!). It was kind of funny and weird at the same time to see him be "drugged-up". He had crazy, sleepy eyes. The doctor gave him a prescription for Lortab so he should be good to go. Hopefully, the next few days will be pain free (thanks to the Lortab) and he will heal quickly. We will go back in four weeks for his post-op check-up. Thank you to those who prayed for us. The Lord answered graciously as always.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Successful Surgery
Grady usually has his last bottle around 7 PM, goes to bed and sleeps until 6:30 or 7 in the morning. Last night we had to give him a bottle of formula at 11:30 and then a bottle of diluted juice at 4:30 AM since he couldn't eat or drink anything past 5 AM and so he wouldn't be dehydrated. He did great and went right back to sleep each time--although he had massively wet diapers and soaked pajama pants?! We headed to the outpatient clinic at 6:30 this morning. And we were home by 10:00. Grady did wonderfully and charmed all the nurses. He basically slept from the time they brought him back to me until lunch (they had given him Demerol!). It was kind of funny and weird at the same time to see him be "drugged-up". He had crazy, sleepy eyes. The doctor gave him a prescription for Lortab so he should be good to go. Hopefully, the next few days will be pain free (thanks to the Lortab) and he will heal quickly. We will go back in four weeks for his post-op check-up. Thank you to those who prayed for us. The Lord answered graciously as always.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
I'm so glad everything went so well!! He is just too cute!!
I'm so thankful everything went okay! I love the hospital gown on him!
yay!!! what a cute little man. tara is right...tha gown is too cute!!
What a brave little boy! He is such a handsome kid. So happy all is well...
Yay, what wonderful news. I guess I hadn't checked your blog in a day or two so when I read "successful surgery" I didn't know what was going on. I'm glad all went well.
Great news!!
sista you knew it would be a breeze! prayers always come through...
I'm glad all is well. Hopefully no more surgeries - EVER!
i'm so sorry that i've been absent. we got back from the lake late sunday night, and i'm trying to get back into the swing of things. oh, i feel like the worst friend in the world.
i'm so glad little Grady is alright. i know you were worried. i would have prayed hard! so, so sorry to have missed this chapter.
love you.
So glad little man came through. He is so precious in that gown- breaks your heart! Glad he's on the mend!
Lindsey - did I read on Brandy's blog that you use cloth diapers with Grady??!! You go girl! How in the world? I have to know!
I'm so glad the surgery was a success!
Post a Comment