Steven's sister and her husband (Rhonda and Luke) are expecting their first baby! We are so thrilled for them. We have no doubt they will be great parents. I told her I wouldn't give her any unsolicited advice and yet Sunday, I couldn't bring myself to stop telling her what baby equipment was worth the big bucks, what she could buy off-brand, must-haves for books, what she should have in the medicine cabinet, maternity clothes, online resources, etc., etc. Like the good sports they are, they took it all in and kept listening to me even when their eyeballs were about to explode with overwhelmingness {is that a word?}...
We had a fun weekend at the grandparents' house. The kids did a little digging for worms so "they" could fish. Elle and Grady didn't do quite as much fishing as Steven and his dad, but they had a ton of fun getting the bait:). Elle did catch a turtle. I had to leave the scene when Gran Gran was trying to get the hook out of the little thing's mouth. I sensed decapitation in it's future.
When we got home, Reese's birthday present was waiting.
It was love at first sight.
He had a great check-up Monday morning. He still has a little bit of fluid hanging around in his right ear. We are trying Zyrtec for a couple weeks to see if it can dry him up and get that fluid out! I'll take him back with me when we go for Elle's 5 year old check-up to re-check his ear. Still no earlier appointment with the urologist, but the doctor reassured me he would be fine and we would get him seen before August 31st?!
Weight: 23 pounds, 11 ounces {still maintaining status as biggest Salter baby}
Height: 30 1/2 inches
1 comment:
Thanks for ALL your advice! We had a great time visiting with all of you. I really enjoyed coloring therapy with Elle! And Reese is growing so fast...I was especially glad to see him! How is my little Aladin-watching buddy Grady doing? Keep us informed with his condition. I am keeping him in my prayers.
Post a Comment