Saturday, June 26, 2010

Summer Dancing

Elle finished her first dance class this past week. It was an introductory class to ballet and tap. Five evenings in June and she's hooked. She's played ballerina for a long time. My sister is a dancer and we have tons and tons of hand-me-down leotards, recital outfits, and tutus. I loved to see what Elle would pick out for her ensemble each night of class. All the other girls would have on the standard black or pink leotards and tights. Elle would wear a blue leotard, red sequined skirt and white tights. This light blue number was one the teachers let her put on for the classes' "performance" the last night. All the girls got to wear fancy leotards. Then, they generously donated it to our dress up box!




The ever supportive and encouraging younger brother. Grady ran out when she was finished, gave her a huge hug and said, "You did awesome Elle!". Elle acknowledged him briefly and then told him to go back over to us and get off the dance floor!


I finally broke down and gave Reese his first haircut. It's still a little long, but Steven and I couldn't take the fact that his sideburns were the longest part of his whole head of hair?! This is a "before" picture. It was out of control.


2 comments:

Donna said...

These are precious- I love Grady hugging E and baby Reese with the farrah fawcett hair. So great to see you guys the other night! P.S. I LOVE the family header pic- everyone looks beautiful!

Maddie said...

Hey sis! I love the picture of Elle doing her arabesque!! She looks better than the teacher! I hope to see you guys soon! love love!