Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Centipede

I was awakened in the night by this crawling on me:


**This is not my picture but the one from the website. I was too angry last night to take it's picture. It went right in the trash can! And as much as I'd like to say it was this big, it was smaller, but no less frightening.**

It was an exact re-enactment of what happened to Steven over a year ago. I woke up snatching it off of me and throwing it away from my body. I turned the light on and told Steven that something was on me and bit me. After striping the bed, moving it out from the wall and turning all lights on, we found it. And killed it. Then I proceeded to get our bug spray and spray our entire bedroom baseboards, closet and kitchen at 11:45 at night.

Note on the article, the "bug man" says, "Centipedes are poisonous, and they will bite. The bite is painful, but not dangerous." I can now attest that the bite is indeed painful. And it was right between my chest?!

To top off the craziness of the night, we awoke to tornado sirens this morning. I wasn't sure if it was one of the kids crying or the sirens. We were spared from any tornado or any damage from the weather. The only damage is from a centipede's poisonous painful bite:). I think I'm going to make it though...


5 comments:

Jennifer said...

yuck. yuck. yuck.

Anonymous said...

little centipede trying to get some nookie?? gross. :) glad you killed that thing...and I can never kill anything.

Kellie said...

Oh.MY!!!! Wow - how awful!!!! Glad you will survive - but ewww, I'm getting shivers just thinking about it.

Donna said...

Oh oh oh!!! YUUUUUCKK! Oh my gosh! This is freaking me out- I'm so sorry!

BB and DB said...

I really should NOT have read this just minutes before crawling into bed! UGH! Fun dreams tonight - ha ha!