The kids and I went to Atlanta again last week with Steven. It was really cool weather and I had been wanting to go to the Botanical Gardens so I thought we'd give it a try. I got my camera out and took one picture before the battery died. The gardens were really beautiful, the kids enjoyed themselves and Grady left his mark... literally. We were enjoying a leisurely stroll through the children's garden when we came upon a small waterfall where you could walk on a path behind it. The tree house playground was just ahead and Elle set her sights on it. I pushed Reese in the stroller and then noticed Grady was not following. I came back to the waterfall and there he was, behind the waterfall, pulling his pants up. Thankfully, not another soul was on the path {or either they were behind me and ran away the other way before I got there?!}. I managed to compose myself and explained that we could not go outside here, but we had to use actual restrooms.
These pictures are from my measly cell phone camera but I had to try to capture the moment.
These pictures are from my measly cell phone camera but I had to try to capture the moment.
That night, we went down to Centennial Park, had dinner in the CNN Center food court and then played on the playground in the park. The next day the kids and I went to the zoo. My friend Stephanie came up from Athens with her two girls. It was a bit crowded but worth it to spend a little time with friends. The kids got in the pool and hot tub both days and we had movie night one night and watched How to Train Your Dragon. All of us on the king size bed:).
Over the weekend, we got to pretend we were farmers. We went to our friends' family farm to pick green beans. And they were ginormous. And delicious. We also waded through a freezing stream, dodged poison ivy, discovered a skeleton identified by our resident archaeologist as a bobcat and were rewarded by seeing 500 year old cypress trees that are quite possibly, the biggest trees I've ever seen. All of this without my camera. But I did get some of the beans.
2 comments:
Reese is getting so big!!! Sounds like a fun trip!!
wish i was there to help you make this transformers cake for elle! https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/photo.php?fbid=10150114427962090&set=a.10150114427827090.323367.305013667089&type=1&theater
this was made by a friend of mine from high school..she is doing some awesome cakes and of course, is inspiring me to do the same. ha!
Post a Comment