Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Bird Feeders & Toothless


We made some bird feeders last week. They were very easy and a lot of fun for the kids to do. We eat soy nut butter around here, since we have one child with a throat-closing allergic reaction to peanut butter. We mistakenly picked up some sugar-free soy nut butter a while back and let's just say the sugar is a key ingredient to it being edible. But the birds don't seem to mind:). 

We cut out some cardboard and smeared it with sugar free soy nut butter. {Only the most natural and nutritious for our birds!} Then the kids dipped the cardboard in birdseed, strung a piece of yarn through a hole punched in the top, and I tied them in the trees. Happy winter eating birds!






I don't know if you've seen the movie, How to Train your Dragon, but we have {several times} and we love it.  The main dragon's name is "Toothless" and that's become our nickname for Elle these days. We know when the top ones come out, it will be that much more appropriate! Here's your requested picture Tam:



Steven and I had the opportunity to speak before our church congregation during Sunday morning's worship service to promote our upcoming missions' conference. About five minutes before we were to go up, I was certain I was having a heart attack. But because I trust God and know that "the one who calls you is faithful and He will do it" {1Thes 5:24}, I went on up to the pulpit and not to the ER. And in about 4 minutes, it was all over and my heart resumed normal pumping. My husband was ever the encourager, before speaking, even as part of his "address", and afterwards. I'm not sure if what I said made a difference to anyone else, but the Lord used the experience to increase my faith and dependence on Him and for that, it was worth it.

1 comment:

Darby said...

Ahh love the picture of toothless Elle!! I know you all did an awesome job Sunday, wish I could have been there first hand to hear!!! Can't wait to see you this weekend!!! xoxo