Wednesday, February 20, 2008

6 Months


I took Grady to the doctor for his 6 month check-up yesterday. He weighed in at 15 pounds 6 ounces and measured 26 3/4 inches. The doctor says he's doing great. He's started eating cereal every morning. I made some sweet potatoes yesterday with my new food processor so he'll be starting those soon (as soon as his seat comes that I ordered from Wal-Mart?!). He is getting up on all fours and mostly lunges forward and does face plants, but it makes him happy. He's sitting for very, very brief periods before he topples over. We've started the weaning process from nursing to the bottle. And like the laid back thing he is, this has not been a problem at all. He doesn't care what bottle, what temperature, who gives it to him, nothing. He has affectionately been nicknamed "Gradikins" as well as "Spud Bud". I love to hear Elle call him these names. It's hard to believe it's already been six months...

3 comments:

Matt, Carrie, Lucy and Molly Allen said...

sweet little Grady! you got a sewing machine!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!! Let me know what you are making! I just made some very cute burp cloths for a baby shower last weekend....and I want to make lucy a dress soon-I saw some very cute material at hobby lobby!

Kristin said...

I can't believe it's been six months, either. Seems like just yesterday Laura Beth and I were visiting you in the hospital... How about the fact that I'll be taking her to her ONE YEAR appointment in just two short months?!

Glad he's doing so well! Thank heavens for laid back 2nd babies! (And slightly more laid back mommies!)

Matt, Carrie, Lucy and Molly Allen said...

hey. did you watch LOST last night?