Friday, February 22, 2008

Stress-induced explosion

The kids and I have been sick for about a week. Nothing major, but just enough to be a little extra fussy, cranky, whiny and go through several boxes of kleenex. On top of that, it was a very busy week with Grady's doctor's appointment, Elle's dental appointment, and I had an appointment too. I guess it wasn't quite enough because on Wednesday morning I wake up and my face has exploded. Steven gets these massive fever blisters/cold sores (or whatever you want to call them) every now and then but I have never had one. As I wake up on Wednesday morning, my nose is itching just a bit, probably because I've blown it about 95 times in the past few days, so I scratch it. And then the explosion occured. The little patch of skin just below my right nostril on my upper lip was on fire. It progressively got worse all day. If you've gotten these things then you know what I'm talking about. It itched and buzzed and vibrated and hurt and irritated. My dear old husband has some tried and true remedies for making these things go away fast. That night I turn to him for help. Being the semi-medical person I am, I generally like to dispose of medications when they have expired. I'm willing to use it if it's an emergency (like this) say if it's only been a couple of months or even a year. The tube of medicine my dear husband brings out expired in 1999. At this point, I am a little discouraged that my upper lip will be disfigured indefinitely. I am able to use the other medicine (on which I could find no expiration date) and it seemed to help some. To add to the excitement, the lymph node on the right side under my jaw is now so huge you can actually see it bulging under my chin. So today, two days in to the explosion, I have a dime-sized incredibly icky red crusty scab on my face and a big swollen lymph node chin. As much as I'd like to post a picture, I think I will leave it to your imaginations.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Hey Lindsey! I am excited to learn that you guys have a blog. Your kids are super cute. Elle looks just like you! My youngest son recently had his first trip to the dentist, as well. He wasn't as excited. Oh well, here's to hoping for the next one! Al says hello.

Delta Kelly said...

ok, that is so gross!!! i hate it when i have small explosions on my face - haha
so glad levi isn't the only fussy baby - but sorry for grady. he is SO cute though!

Kristin said...

That just made me laugh out loud about 17 times. Sorry it's at the expense of your upper lip being disfigured.

Thank you for praying for Laura Beth.

Summer said...

Hey Lindsey! I am so happy to find you. I hope things are going better for you. I am going to link you on my blog if you don't mind. Take care!